Step 7. Restore Additional Files
Before you reboot the machine upon successful bare metal recovery, you may need to restore additional data from another backup. To do this, you can use the file-level restore functionality of the Recovery wizard. Veeam Agent mounts the backup file to the file system of the recovery image OS. After that, you can copy the necessary files or directories to a desired location.
If the additional files you want to restore are not required for correct system startup after reboot, you can perform file-level restore after you reboot the machine upon successful bare metal recovery. In this case, follow the standard procedure as described in Restoring Files and Directories.
To perform additional file-level restore using Recovery wizard, do the following:
- From the main menu of Veeam Recovery Media, select Restore files.
The wizard switches directly to the backup location you previously defined during bare metal recovery.
- Select the backup file and restore point you want to use for file-level restore as described in Select Backup and Restore Point.
If your backup file is in a different location:
- Press Enter to mount the backup file. By default, backup content is mounted into the /mnt/backup directory of the recovery image OS file system.
- On the confirmation message, select Ok and press Enter.
- From the main menu, select Exit to shell.
- In the terminal, save the necessary files and directories to a desired location. For details, see Save Restored Files.