A machine that you plan to protect with Veeam Agent for IBM AIX must meet requirements listed in the table below.
Memory: 1 GB RAM. For information about RAM requirements for large-scale environments, see RAM Requirements for Large-Scale Environments.
Disk space: 1.5 GB free disk space for product installation.
Network: 10 Mbps or faster network connection to a backup target.
All versions of the IBM AIX operating system starting from IBM AIX 6.1 are supported.
All file systems supported by the supported operating systems.
The mlocate utility is required for file system indexing. The utility is provided along with the product in the product installation media.
Backup can be performed to the following types of storage:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected machine (not recommended)
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) or NFS share
- Veeam Backup & Replication 10a or later backup repository (Veeam Cloud Connect repositories are not supported)
Consider the following:
- Veeam Agent for IBM AIX should be able to establish a direct IP connection to the Veeam Backup & Replication server. Thus, Veeam Agent for IBM AIX cannot work with Veeam Backup & Replication that is located behind the NAT gateway.
- Domain names of the Veeam Agent machine, Veeam Backup & Replication server and other servers in the Veeam backup infrastructure must be resolvable into IPv4 addresses.