Step 6. Select Backup and Restore Point
At this step of the wizard, select the backup and restore point from which you want to restore data.
The wizard window has two panes:
- The Imported backups pane on the left displays information about backup: host name of the machine whose data is stored in the backup file, backup job name and number of restore points.
By default, the Imported backups pane displays backups of the machine on which Veeam Recovery Media was created. If you want to restore data from a backup that was created on another machine, select the Show all option to choose from the list of all backups available in the current location.
- The Restore points pane on the right displays the list of restore points in the backup.
To select backup and restore point:
- In the Imported backups pane, ensure that the backup from which you want to restore data is selected and press Enter.
If you want to select another backup, press the 'i' key and browse for the necessary backup file. To learn more, see Select Backup Location.
- In the Restore points pane, with Up and Down keys select the restore point from which you want to restore data and press Enter.
- If you selected an encrypted backup for data restore, Veeam Agent prompts you to provide a password to unlock the encrypted file.
To learn more, see Restoring Data from Encrypted Backups.