Starting from version 4.1, you can use the Veeam Agent control panel to perform the following operations:
- Perform the initial product setup.
- View the list of the latest backup sessions and session statistics.
- View the list of configured jobs and job settings.
- Start and stop a backup job.
- Restore files and directories from an existing backup.
- Manage license and export product logs.
When you perform bare metal recovery using Veeam Recovery Media, you can also perform data restore with the Veeam Recovery Media wizard.
You cannot use Veeam Agent control panel on terminals that do not support colors (for example, VT100).
To launch the Veeam Agent control panel, you can use the following commands:
In the Veeam Agent control panel, the use of a mouse is not supported. To start an operation, you need to use a specific key on your keyboard. For example, you can press the [V] key to view the list of configured backup jobs, press the [S] key to start a backup job or press the [R] key to start the file-level restore process. Short help information about the currently available operations and keys is displayed at the bottom of the control panel.
To navigate the control panel and the available wizards, you can use the following keys:
- [Tab] — to switch between controls and buttons in the Backup Job wizard.
- [Up] and [Down] — to switch between items in a scrollable list.
- [Space] — to select the necessary item in a list. The selected item's mark may vary in different steps of the wizard.
- [Enter] — to proceed to the next step of a wizard or to view details of the backup job session selected in the list of sessions.
- [Backspace] — to return to the previous step of a wizard (you cannot use this button to change wizard steps when a text field is selected).
- [Esc] — to exit the currently used wizard or close the Veeam Agent control panel.