Veeam Agent for IBM AIX is set up on an IBM AIX machine whose data you want to protect.
When you install the product, Veeam Agent for IBM AIX deploys the following components:
- Veeam Agent for IBM AIX Service (veeamservice) is a service responsible for managing all tasks and resources in Veeam Agent for IBM AIX. The veeamservice component is managed by the veeamsvc subsystem that is registered in the IBM AIX OS upon the product installation. The subsystem is started automatically when you start the OS, or after it is incorrectly stopped.
- Veeam Agent for IBM AIX Job Manager (veeamjobman) is a process started by Veeam Agent for IBM AIX Service for every backup job session.
- Veeam Agent that communicates with the Veeam Agent for IBM AIX Service and Veeam Agent for IBM AIX Job Manager. Veeam Agent is started by Veeam Agent for IBM AIX Manager to perform data transfer operations of any kind: copy backed-up data from the machine to the target location during backup, copy data from the backup location to the machine during restore, perform data compression, and so on.
- SQLite database engine used to store Veeam Agent for IBM AIX configuration data. SQLite requires only few files to install and takes little resources to run on an IBM AIX OS.
- ubax utility used for data restore from backups created with Veeam Agent for IBM AIX 1.0.