Specifying Veeam Backup Server Settings
The Specify Backup Server parameters step of the wizard is available if you have selected to restore data from a backup repository managed by a Veeam backup server.
Permissions on the backup repository managed by Veeam backup server must be granted beforehand. To learn more, see Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories.
Specify settings for the Veeam backup server that manages the backup repository where the backup file resides:
- In the Address field, specify a DNS name or IP address of the Veeam backup server.
- In the Port field, specify a number of the port over which Veeam Agent must communicate with the backup repository. By default, Veeam Agent uses port 10006.
- In the Login field, type the name of the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository.
- [Optional] If the server is assigned to a domain, in the Domain field, type the name of the domain in which the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository is registered — for example, tech.
- In the Password field, type the password of the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository.
If you want to perform restore from a backup created by Veeam Agent operating in the managed mode, you must use an account that has the Veeam Backup Administrator or Veeam Restore Operator role on the Veeam backup server. For more information about user roles, see the Users and Roles section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Press Enter. Veeam Agent will connect to the Veeam backup server and display the list of backups for your machine that are located in the selected Veeam backup repository.