Step 2. Specify Backup Location
When you boot the machine from Veeam Recovery Media, the recovery environment contains a new installation of Veeam Agent for IBM AIX. Before you restore data, you must point the Veeam Agent to the repository that contains the backup file you plan to restore from. You can also import the backup file, in which case you do not need to place the backup file into a repository.
- To restore data from a backup file stored on a local disk or in a network shared folder, you must complete the following steps to provide Veeam Agent with access to the backup file:
- Mount the backup storage to the file system of the recovery image OS. To learn more, see Mounting Backup Storage.
- Create a local backup repository. For details, see Creating Backup Repository.
- Rescan your local backup repository. To learn more, see Rescanning Backup Repository.
Alternatively, after you mount the backup storage, you can import the backup file. This will make the backup file visible to Veeam Agent without creating a repository in the backup file storage location. To learn more, see Importing Backup File.
- To restore data from a backup file that resides in a repository managed by Veeam Backup & Replication, you must connect to the Veeam Backup & Replication server. To learn more, see Connecting to Veeam Backup Server.