To create an alert:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Alerts.
- Click Add. The Add Alert wizard will open.
- At the Alert Type step of the wizard, select the type of an event for which you want to create an alert from the Event drop-down list, and specify the conditions under which the alert will be sent.
- At the Recipients step of the wizard, specify notification settings for the alert:
- Specify the recipients of the alert notifications:
- In the Roles section, you can choose user roles that must be assigned to users or user groups to receive notifications. In this case, the notifications will be sent in the Veeam Backup for Salesforce Web UI and by email to all users assigned these roles within their permission scopes. To the groups of users, notifications will be sent only in the Web UI. For a user group to receive notifications by email, a group email address must be added to the user group settings in Azure Active Directory.
- In the Custom recipients section, you can specify names of Slack channels, users and additional email addresses. In this case, the notifications will be sent to these recipients by email and in Slack. Use a semicolon and a space character to separate multiple recipient addresses.
Addresses of the email recipients must be specified in the following format: email@example.com; addresses of the Slack recipients can be specified in the following formats: @username, #channelname, @userid, channelid.
To receive email and Slack notifications, the notifications settings must be properly configured as described in section Configuring Notification Settings.
- In the Subject field, specify a subject for notifications. You can use runtime variables listed in section Alert Variables.
- In the Threshold field, specify the number of events that must occur before the notification is sent. Consider the following example: the threshold is set to 5, the notification will be sent only when the 6 event occurs.
- [This step applies only if you have selected the Backup policy or Restore job type of the alert] At the Scope step of the wizard, choose companies and Salesforce organizations to which the alert conditions will apply.
- Click Finish.