A product license is required for Veeam Backup for Salesforce to run. Each product license can be used to protect one or multiple Salesforce organizations. Each product license can be used in one or multiple product installations.
Veeam Backup for Salesforce is licensed per User. A User is defined as a Standard User with the Salesforce license type reported by the Salesforce platform. Only Salesforce user licenses consumed by production organizations whose data is protected are counted.
The Veeam license is not required for:
- Salesforce user licenses consumed by sandbox and Developer Edition organizations.
- Salesforce Chatter Free, Chatter Only, Chatter External user licenses.
- Salesforce Partner Community, Customer Community, Customer Community Plus user licenses.
- Salesforce Identity licenses.
If the quantity of total reported user licenses of all Salesforce production organizations protected by Veeam Backup for Salesforce management servers that use the same license key exceeds the limit of license units for more than 10 Users or 10% of licensed units (whichever is greater), you will not be able to perform backup operations, and add new Salesforce organizations that you want to protect until you update the license.
The management server must have the outbound internet access to communicate with Salesforce API, Veeam License and Update Notification servers. If the connection is lost, Veeam Backup for Salesforce will not be able to activate new licenses, will continue operating for 30 days under the current license, and then halt all backup operations.
Veeam Backup for Salesforce is available in the following license editions:
- Community Edition — the built-in license that allows you to protect up to 50 Users free of charge. This license comes without any technical support. Only community and best-effort technical support are available.
- NFR, Evaluation— the licenses that can be used for product demonstration, training or education. These licenses are not for resale or commercial use. For more information, see Veeam End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Subscription — the subscription-based license that expires at the end of the subscription term. The maximum number of users protected by Veeam Backup for Salesforce depends on the number of units specified in your license.
To purchase the license, it is required to provide the production ID of a Salesforce organization that you will protect with Veeam Backup for Salesforce. If you plan to protect more than one production organization, you can provide the ID of any of these organizations. To learn how to find the Salesforce Organization ID, see Salesforce Documentation.
Users of Salesforce sandbox organizations do not consume license units, you can protect as many sandbox organizations as you want — the total number of user licenses of sandbox organizations does not affect license usage. However, you cannot use the Community Edition or other license type to protect a sandbox organization if the quantity of Salesforce users in this organization exceeds the limit of licensed Users in your Veeam license.
To learn how to obtain the license, contact a Veeam sales representative at Sales Inquiry.
A grace period provides a short-term buffer in cases when the license renewal was delayed, the licensed User threshold was exceeded or licensing servers cannot be reached. The grace period is usually enabled once for the next 30 days starting from the violation date and automatically reset when the violation is resolved.