Step 4. Select Metadata to Restore
At the Data step of the wizard, you can look through the backed-up data, as well as browse, filter, and choose data that you want to restore. Only metadata objects that have been backed up are displayed at this step.
Some metadata objects may have references to other objects. To restore all metadata objects successfully, you must analyze the relationships between the objects and restore the referenced objects first. This may require executing multiple jobs.
To choose metadata objects for restore:
- From the Metadata type drop-down list, select the type of metadata.
- Apply additional search conditions using specific filters. To do that, click Customize. In the Metadata Filters window, click Add Condition, select a field and a conditional operator from the drop-down lists, and enter the necessary value.
Veeam Backup for Salesforce suggests a number of in-built conditional operators, such as contains, equals, starts with, is null and so on. These operators are used to make queries to databases. Note that the time required to process the request depends on the operator you are using, for example, processing a request with the equals operator will take less time than a request with the contains operator.
By default, filters are linked by the AND logical operator. That is, a record is displayed in the search results when all specified conditions are met. You can change this behavior by linking filters with different operators. To do this, set the Use filter logic toggle to On, and specify the filter logic expression using condition ordinal number, brackets and logical operators, for example: 1 AND (2 OR 3) AND NOT 4.
- Click Search. Veeam Backup for Salesforce will show the results satisfying your search parameters in the Objects found section.
By design, the search results will be displayed on the same pages where the records were originally shown. To make sure that you have seen all the results, look through all the pages.
- Select check boxes next to the metadata files that you want to restore.
- To choose the version of a metadata file that will be restored, click the link in the Version column, and in the Choose Metadata Version to Restore window, compare the latest version of the backed-up metadata file with previous backed-up file versions and the version of the file currently stored in the Salesforce database, and select the necessary version.
If you are restoring a removed metadata object, make sure that you choose the previous correct version of the file. By default, files are restored to the latest version.
Consider the following: