The procedure of subtenant accounts registration can be performed by the SP on the SP Veeam backup server.
When you create a subtenant account, remember to save a user name and password for the created account. You must pass this data to the subtenant. When configuring a backup job targeted at the cloud repository, the subtenant must enter the user name and password for the subtenant account to connect to the SP backup server.
To create a subtenant account:
- Open the Subtenant Quotas window in one of the following ways:
- Open the Cloud Connect view. Click the Tenants node in the inventory pane, select the necessary tenant in the working area and click Manage Subtenants on the ribbon.
- Open the Cloud Connect view. Click the Tenants node in the inventory pane, right-click the necessary tenant in the working area and select Manage subtenants.
- In the Subtenant Quotas window, click Add.
- In the Subtenant Quota window, specify settings for the created subtenant account:
- [For a subtenant of a standalone tenant account] In the Username field, specify a name for the created subtenant account. The user name must meet the following requirements:
- The maximum length of the user name is 128 characters. It is recommended that you create short user names to avoid problems with long paths to backup files on the cloud repository.
- The user name may contain space characters.
- The user name must not contain the following characters: ,\/:*?\"<>|=;@ as well as Unicode characters.
- The user name must not end with the period character [.].
- [For a subtenant of a vCloud Director tenant account] Click Add next to the Username field and select a vCloud Director Organization user account to which you want to allocate a quota on the cloud repository. The user account must be created in advance by the SP in vCloud Director.
- [For a subtenant of a standalone tenant account] In the Password field, provide the password for the subtenant account. You can enter your own password or click the Generate new link at the bottom of the field. In the latter case, Veeam Backup & Replication will generate a safe password. To get a copy the generated password, click the Copy to clipboard link at the bottom of the window.
- In the Description field, specify a description for the created subtenant account.
- In the User quota section, in the Name field, enter a friendly name for the subtenant quota. The name you enter will be displayed at the subtenant’s side.
- In the Repository field, select a cloud repository whose space resources must be allocated to the subtenant.
- If you want to limit the amount of storage space that the subtenant can use on the cloud repository, clear the Unlimited check box and specify the necessary subtenant quota in the Quota field.
When you consider limiting the subtenant quota, remember to allocate the sufficient amount of storage space for the subtenant. The subtenant quota must comprise the amount of disk space used to store a chain of backup files plus additional space required for performing the backup chain transform operation. Generally, to perform the transform operation, Veeam Backup & Replication requires the amount of disk space equal to the size of a full backup file.
- If you want the subtenant account to be created in the disabled state, select the Subtenant is disabled check box. In this case, Veeam Backup & Replication will create the subtenant account, but the subtenant will not be able to connect to the SP and create backups on the cloud repository.
- [For a subtenant of a standalone tenant account] Click the Copy to clipboard link to copy information about the created subtenant account: user name, password, cloud repository and quota. You must send the copied information to a user on the tenant side so that they can use the created subtenant account to configure a backup job targeted at the cloud repository.
- Click OK.