To provide Disaster Recovery as a Service through image-based VM replication to tenants, the SP must set up the Veeam Cloud Connect Replication infrastructure.
As part of the configuration process, the SP must perform the following tasks:
- Deploy the SP Veeam backup server.
- Set up TLS certificates.
- Create cloud gateways.
- Allocate VLANs for cloud networking.
- Allocate a pool of public IP addresses for full site failover.
- Configure hardware plans.
- Specify credentials for network extension appliances.
- [Optional] Deploy Veeam Cloud Connect Portal.
- [Optional] Configure target WAN accelerators.
- Register tenant accounts.
- Communicate information about the tenant account and gateway to all tenants who plan to connect to the SP.
Starting from Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, the SP can also allocate VMware vCloud Director resources as replication resources to the tenant. To learn more, see vCloud Director Support.
Once the SP has configured necessary components, tenants can add the SP to their Veeam Backup & Replication consoles and use cloud hosts allocated to them in the SP Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure.