Tasks with Cloud Repository
Tasks on Tenant Side
Tenants can perform the following data backup and recovery tasks in Veeam Backup & Replication against the cloud repository:
- VM backup
- VMware Cloud Director backup (for VMware vSphere platform)
- Veeam Agent backup
- Backup copy
Backup copy is supported to a cloud repository only. Backup copy from a cloud repository is not supported.
For information about types of backups for which backup copy to the cloud repository is supported, see Backup Copy to Cloud Repository.
Tenants can perform the following operations:
- Data restore
- Entire VM restore
- VMware Cloud Director restore (for VMware vSphere platform)
- VM files restore
- VM disks restore (for VMware vSphere platform)
- VM guest OS files restore (Microsoft Windows only. Multi-OS restore is not supported.)
- Application items restore
- Volume restore (for backups created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows)
- Disk export (for backups created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows)
- Guest OS files restore (for backups created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows)
- Backup export
- File copy (manual operations)
Tasks on SP Side
In addition to data restore operations performed by the tenant, the SP can perform Instant Recovery from tenant backups in the cloud repository.