The procedure of SP adding is performed by the tenant on tenant’s Veeam backup server.
The SP must not add itself as a SP in the Veeam Backup & Replication console deployed on the SP backup server. If the SP performs this operation using credentials of a tenant account, Veeam Backup & Replication jobs configured by this tenant will be failing until the SP removes itself from the list of service providers.
To use Veeam Cloud Connect resources for data protection and disaster recovery tasks, you must add a SP to Veeam Backup & Replication. After you add a SP, Veeam Backup & Replication will retrieve information about backup storages and hardware plans allocated to you, and cloud repositories and cloud hosts will become visible in your Veeam Backup & Replication console. After that, you can start working with cloud resources.
Before adding a SP, check prerequisites. Then use the Service Provider wizard to add the SP.
- Launch the Service Provider wizard
- Specify cloud gateway settings
- Verify an SSL certificate and specify tenant account settings
- Enumerate cloud repository resources
- Enumerate cloud replication resources
- Configure one or several network extension appliances
- Assess results
- Finish working with the wizard