Using Cloud Repositories
After you have set up the Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure, you can proceed to performing data protection and disaster recovery tasks using the cloud repository.
You can perform the following tasks with the cloud repository in Veeam Backup & Replication:
- VM backup
- vCD backup (for VMware vSphere platform)
- Veeam Agent backup
- Backup copy (To a cloud repository only. Backup copy from a cloud repository is not supported.)
- vCD restore (for VMware vSphere platform)
- VM files restore
- VM disks restore (for VMware vSphere platform)
- VM guest OS files restore (Microsoft Windows FS only. Multi-OS restore is not supported.)
- Application items restore
- Volume restore (for Veeam Agent backups)
- Disk export (for Veeam Agent backups)
- Guest OS files restore (for Veeam Agent backups)
If you create Veeam Agent backups in the cloud repository, you can also restore data from such backups using Veeam Recovery Media. To learn more, see the Restoring from Veeam Recovery Media sections in the following guides:
Backups created on the cloud repository are displayed under the Backups > Cloud node in the inventory pane of the Home view.
Backups created by Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode are displayed under the Agents node in the working area of the Backups > Cloud node.