The SP can use the Veeam backup console to view information about the number of tenant machines whose backups and replicas consume resources in the SP Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure.
To view the tenant machine count:
- Open the Cloud Connect view.
- In the inventory pane, click the Tenants node.
- In the working area, view the number of tenant machines. Veeam Backup & Replication displays this information in the following columns:
- Backup Count — number of VMs that have backups created by tenant backup jobs.
- Replica Count — number of VMs that have replicas created by tenant replication jobs.
- Server Count — number of servers that have backups created by tenant Veeam Agent backup jobs. A server is a machine processed with the Server edition of Veeam Agent.
- Workstation Count — number of workstations that have backups created by tenant Veeam Agent backup jobs. A workstation is a machine processed with the Workstation edition of Veeam Agent.
The Tenants node displays information about all tenant machines that currently consume resources in the SP Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure, including rental machines and new instances. To learn more, see Rental Machines Licensing and New Instances.
If the tenant processes the same VM with multiple jobs targeted at different quotas (cloud repositories or cloud hosts), this VM is counted as multiple VMs in the SP backup console. This lets the SP monitor consumption of backup and replication resources in the Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure — the machine count reflects the number of machines that actually consume tenant quotas. In contrast, in the SP Veeam Cloud Connect license and license usage reports, such a VM is considered as 1 VM and uses the number of instances required to process 1 VM.
For example, the tenant processes 1 VM with 2 backup jobs and 3 replication jobs. In the Tenants node of the Cloud Connect view in the SP backup console, Veeam Backup & Replication will display 2 VMs in the Backup Count column and 3 VMs in the Replica Count column. In the License Information window, Veeam Backup & Replication will display the number of used instances required to process 1 Veeam Cloud Connect Backup VM and 1 Veeam Cloud Connect Replica VM.