You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to save credentials entered in the Open Remote Access Console window. Veeam Backup & Replication will save these credentials in the Credential Manager of the machine that runs the Remote Access Console. Every next time you open the Remote Access Console, Veeam Backup & Replication will use saved credentials to automatically connect to the SP and/or tenant backup server.
Saved credentials used for connections to Veeam backup servers appear in the list of Windows Credentials, in the Generic Credentials section. For saved credentials, Veeam Backup & Replication creates credential records of the following types:
- VeeamBackupServer — credentials used for direct connection to the SP backup server.
- VeeamCloudServer — credentials used for connection to the SP backup server through the cloud gateway.
- VeeamSaveTenant — credentials used for connection to the tenant backup server.
You can remove saved credentials at any time you need, if necessary. To delete a credentials record:
- On the machine that runs the Remote Access Console, from the Start menu, select Control Panel > Credential Manager.
- In the Credential Manager window, click Windows Credentials.
- In the Generic Credentials section, select the necessary credentials record and click Remove.