Limitations for Veeam Cloud Connect Replication
In this article
Veeam Backup & Replication has the following limitations for cloud host usage:
- Veeam Cloud Connect Replication does not support DHCP. To allow a VM replica on the cloud host to be accessible over the network after failover, a replicated VM must have a static IP address.
- Automatic network settings detection is supported for Microsoft Windows VMs only. For cloud replication of non-Windows VMs, a tenant should specify network mapping settings and public IP addressing rules manually.
- A tenant cannot specify Re-IP rules for VM replicas on the cloud host. At the process of the replication job configuration, if a tenant selects the Re-IP option and then selects the cloud host as a replication target, Veeam Backup & Replication will disable the Re-IP option.
- Pick datastore option is not supported for replication jobs targeted at the cloud host.
- A tenant can restore VM guest OS files from a VM replica on the cloud host only to a Microsoft Windows file system.
- [For Microsoft Hyper-V VMs] Cloud replication of Shielded VMs is not supported. Replicas of such VMs can run only on guarded Hyper-V hosts that have access to Host Guardian Service deployed on the tenant side.
- Replication of encrypted VMs to a cloud host is not supported.
- If the SP uses a vSAN datastore as a target storage for tenant VM replicas, Veeam Backup & Replication will display double quota usage.