The Network Extension step of the wizard is available if you have selected the Use Veeam network extension capabilities during partial and full site failover option at the Replica Resources step of the wizard. You can use this step to specify network settings for the network extension appliance that Veeam Backup & Replication will deploy on the SP side.
Veeam Backup & Replication deploys the SP network extension appliance in the Organization vDC specified as a target for tenant VM replicas. VM replicas on the cloud host will use the SP network extension appliance to communicate to VMs in the production site after partial site failover.
At the Network Extension step of the wizard, the SP configures one network adapter (vNIC) on the network extension appliance. This network adapter connects the network extension appliance to the external network where SP backup infrastructure components reside.
To set up the network extension appliance:
- Click Edit on the right of the Network extension appliances list.
- In the Network extension appliance field of the Network Settings window, check and edit if necessary the name for the network extension appliance.
- Click the Browse button in the External network field and select the SP production network to which the SP Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure components are connected.
- Specify the IP addressing settings for the configured network extension appliance:
- To assign an IP address automatically in case the SP uses a DHCP server in the production network, keep the Obtain an IP address automatically option selected.
- To manually assign the specific IP address to the network extension appliance, select the Use the following IP address option and specify the following network settings:
- IP address
- Subnet mask
- Default gateway
- Click OK.