To deploy Veeam Cloud Connect Portal in the SP backup infrastructure, you must install this component as part of the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager installation. To learn more about Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager deployment, see the Installing Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager section in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager User Guide at: https://www.veeam.com/documentation-guides-datasheets.html.
After you install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you must configure Veeam Cloud Connect Portal so that Veeam Cloud Connect Portal becomes accessible over the internet.
To enable access to Veeam Cloud Connect Portal:
- Configure network settings for Veeam Cloud Connect Portal. As part of this step, you must specify the following settings:
- Provide Veeam Cloud Connect Portal with public IP address
- Specify DNS name for Veeam Cloud Connect Portal
- Configure the NAT gateway and other components of the SP network infrastructure to allow traffic exchange between the internet and Veeam Cloud Connect Portal
- Add all SP Veeam backup servers on which tenant accounts are registered to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. To learn more, see the Adding Veeam Backup Servers section in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager User Guide at: https://www.veeam.com/documentation-guides-datasheets.html.
- Configure security settings for Veeam Cloud Connect Portal as required. As part of this step, you can edit default settings for Veeam Cloud Connect Portal with Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. For example, you can change the SSL certificate or set up protection against denial of service and brute force attacks. To learn more, see http://www.iis.net/learn/manage/configuring-security.