To back up tenant data to tape, the SP must complete the following steps:
- Configure the Veeam Cloud Connect Backup infrastructure. For details, see Getting Started with Veeam Cloud Connect Backup.
- Connect tape devices and add a tape server to the backup infrastructure on the SP backup server. For details, see Connecting Tape Devices and Adding Tape Server sections in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Create one or more GFS media pools that will be used as targets for tenant backup to tape jobs. For details, see the Creating GFS Media Pools section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Configure and run a tenant backup to tape job. For details, see Creating Tenant Backup to Tape Job.
- In case some tenant data in a cloud repository becomes missing or corrupted, you can restore the necessary data from tape. For details, see Restoring Tenant Data from Tape.