VAO controls access to its functionality with the help of user roles. A user role defines what operations a user can perform and what scope of data is available to the user in the VAO UI.
There are four user roles that can be assigned to users and user groups working with the VAO UI: DR Site Administrator, Site Administrator, Failover Plan Author and Production Site Registration Account. For the role descriptions, see the Veeam Availability Orchestrator Deployment Guide, section Roles.
To add a new user or a new user group:
- Log in to the VAO UI in the DR site as a DR Site Administrator. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Switch to the Configuration tab.
- Navigate to Roles and Users.
- In the Sites column, select a VAO server to which you want to grant access.
- In the Roles column, choose the required role.
- In the Users and Groups column, click Add.
- In the Choose Account window:
- From the Account Type list, select User or Group.
- In the Domain and Account fields, enter the user or group name and domain to which the user or group belongs, and click Find.
For more information on the required account permissions, see the Veeam Availability Orchestrator Deployment Guide, section Required Permissions.
- Select the user or group and click Add.