Unless a credential is INCLUDED into the list of plan components available for a scope, it will not be visible for use in orchestration plans for the scope. By default, all collected credentials are excluded from the list of plan components available for scopes created manually; only the Default scope has all the credentials included.
To modify the list of credentials available for a scope:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Switch to the Administration tab.
- Navigate to Plan Components > Credentials.
- Select the scope.
- Click the Scopes link.
- In the Change Scope window, select a check box next to the required scope, and click Apply.
- Select check boxes next to the necessary accounts, and click Include or Exclude.
You can simultaneously edit the list of plan components available for multiple scopes. To do that, select check boxes next to the required scopes in the Change Scope window. After you click Include or Exclude, the changes will be applied to all the selected scopes at the same time.
After you make a credential INCLUDED for a scope, Plan Authors will be able to use this credential when configuring the Windows Credentials and SQL Credentials parameters for plan steps for the scope. For more information on creating and editing orchestration plans, see Working with Failover Plans and Working with Restore Plans.