The Local Storage step of the wizard is available if you have selected the Managed by agent mode at the Job Mode step of the wizard and chosen to save the backup on a local drive of your computer.
Specify local storage settings:
- In the Local folder field, type a path to a folder on a protected computer where backup files must be saved. If the specified folder does not exist in the file system of a protected computer, Veeam Agent for Linux will create this folder and save the resulting backup file to this folder. If the volume on which the specified folder must reside does not exist on a protected computer, Veeam Backup & Replication will not apply the backup job settings to this computer.
USB storage devices formatted as FAT32 do not allow storing files larger than 4 GB in size. For this reason, it is recommended that you do not use such USB storage devices as a backup target.
- Specify backup retention policy settings:
- If you have selected the Workstation type at the Job Mode step of the wizard, in the Keep backups for the past <N> days when the computer was running field, specify the number of restore points for which you want to store backup files in the target location.
- If you have selected the Server type at the Job Mode step of the wizard, in the Restore points to keep on disk field, specify the number of restore points for which you want to store backup files in the target location.
By default, Veeam Agent for Linux keeps backup files created for 14 latest restore points. After this number is exceeded, Veeam Agent for Linux will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain.
- Click Advanced to specify advanced settings for the backup job. To learn more, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.