Appendix C. Updating Pre-Installed Veeam Agents
This scenario describes how to update Veeam Agents on the computers added to protection groups for pre-installed Veeam Agents.
During each rescan job and synchronization session, Veeam Backup & Replication checks the version of Veeam Agents installed on the protected computers. If the Veeam Agent version does not coincide with the version of Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam Agent computer will be moved to the Out of Date protection group.
Before you update pre-installed Veeam Agents:
- Check that the latest update for Veeam Backup & Replication is installed on your backup server. For details, see Updating Veeam Backup & Replication 11 or 11a section in the Veeam Backup & Replication Guide.
- Make sure that Veeam Backup & Replication remote components, such as the distribution server, are updated.
- Make sure that a user account that you plan to use for installation on the Veeam Agent computer side has Local Administator privileges.
To update pre-installed Veeam Agents, you must generate new Veeam Agent setup files on the Veeam Backup & Replication side, To do so, edit protection group settings:
- Open the Inventory view.
- In the inventory pane, expand the Physical Infrastructure node.
- In the inventory pane, select the protection group for pre-installed Veeam Agents that you want to update and click Edit Group on the ribbon or right-click the protection group for pre-installed Veeam Agents that you want to update and select Properties.
- At the Package step, check that the export path and setup files for OSes that runs on computers with Veeam Agents you want to update are specified correctly.
- Click Apply to generate setup files. Then click Finish to close the wizard.
On the Veeam Agent computer side, the update procedure differs depending on the OS running on the protected computers:
- Update procedure for Microsoft Windows computers
- Update procedure for Linux computers
- Update procedure for Mac computers