Step 4. Choose Folders to Back Up
To specify which files and folders must be included in the backup scope:
- If you want to perform backup in the snapshot-less mode, select the Back up directly from live file system check box. With this option selected, Veeam Agent for Mac will not create a snapshot of a backed up volume during backup. This allows Veeam backup agent to back up data residing in file systems that are not supported for snapshot-based backup with Veeam Agent for Mac.
- In the Include files or folders section text field, type a folder path or a file name or mask and click Add.
To include in the backup specific files or file types, specify file names and/or masks for file types that you want to back up. For example, MyMovie.avi,*filename*, *.docx, *.mp3. Veeam backup agent will create a backup only for selected files. Other files will not be backed up.
Repeat this step for all files and folders that you want to add to the backup.
- Select the Include data on external USB drives check box to include in the backup data from the external USB drives.
- Select the Personal files check box to include in the backup the user profile folders, including all user settings and data.
Click a link next to the check box to select which user folders must be included in the backup:
- To include all personal files, select the Back up all user personal files option.
- To include only specific folders, select the Back up selected user folders option and select folders you want to include in the backup.
- To exclude from the backup roaming user profile data, select the Exclude roaming user profiles from backup check box.
- To exclude specific files or file types, in the Exclude files or folders section text field, type a folder path or a file name or mask and click Add.
You can specify file names and/or masks for file types that you do not want to back up, for example, OldPhotos.rar, *.tmp, *.back. Veeam backup agent will back up all files except files of the specified type.
Repeat this step for all files and folders that you want to exclude from the backup.