Step 5. Choose Folders to Back Up
The Files step of the wizard is available if at the Backup Mode step you have chosen to create a backup of individual folders.
To include individual folders in the backup scope:
- In the Choose directories to back up section text field, type a path to the folder you want to back up.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 1–2 for all folders that you want to back up.
To include or exclude files of a specific type in/from the backup scope, you can configure filters:
- At the Files step of the wizard, click Advanced.
- Specify include and exclude filters for files you want to back up:
- In the Include masks field, specify file name and/or mask for file types that you want to back up, for example, MyMovie.avi,*filename*, *.docx, *.mp3. Veeam backup agent will create a backup only for selected files. Other files will not be backed up.
- In the Exclude masks field, specify folder path or a file name and/or mask for file type that you do not want to back up, for example, OldPhotos.rar, *.tmp, *.back. Veeam backup agent will back up all files except files of the specified type.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 2–3 for each mask that you want to add.
You can use a combination of include and exclude masks. Note that exclude masks have a higher priority than include masks. For example, you can specify masks in the following way:
- Include mask: *.avi
- Exclude mask: *movie*
Veeam backup agent will include in the backup all files of the AVI format that do not contain 'movie' in their names.