You can modify settings of backup policies configured by your company users in the Client Portal.
Predefined backup policies and policies configured by the Portal Administrator cannot be modified directly in the Client Portal. When you choose to edit a predefined backup policy or a policy configured by the Portal Administrator, Veeam Availability Console will create a copy of this policy. You can modify settings of this copy and assign it to Veeam backup agents. For details on working with backup policy copies, see Copying Backup Policies.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Company Owner, Company Administrator.
How to Modify Backup Policies
To modify settings of a backup policy:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For more details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Backup Policies.
- Select the necessary policy in the list.
To find a backup policy, you can use the following controls:
- Use the search field to find a backup policy by name.
- Use the Type filter to show backup policies for workstations or servers only.
- Use the Policy Type filter to show only predefined policies and policies by the Portal Administrator, or policies created by your company users.
- At the top of the policies list, click Edit.
- Modify backup policy settings as described in Creating Backup Policies.
- Save changes.
- If a backup policy is already assigned to one or more Veeam backup agents, the backup policy wizard will display a notification window prompting to apply changes to agents. Click Yes to apply modified settings.
If you click No, you can apply the modified settings later, as described in section Getting Latest Configuration.