Deploying Linux Management Agent
To install a management agent on a managed computer running Linux operating system:
- Log on to the machine where you want to install the management agent.
- Copy the agent setup file on a machine where you want to install the management agent.
Make sure that you have permission to execute the setup file.
- Install the agent with the following command:
sudo sh ./’LinuxAgentPackages.<company_name>.sh’
sudo bash ./’LinuxAgentPackages.<company_name>.sh’
- <...> — path to the directory where you have saved the setup file.
- <company_name> — name of the company to which the management agent is assigned.
To see all available actions for managing the agent, use the following command: veeamconsoleconfig -h.
If you have downloaded the management agent setup file from Veeam Service Provider Console , it will connect to Veeam Service Provider Console automatically. Otherwise, you must configure the agent manually.
Configuring Management Agent
To configure a management agent:
- Use the following commands:
sudo veeamconsoleconfig -g add <gateway>:<port> --validate_cert <thumbprint>
sudo veeamconsoleconfig --tag_name <tag>
- <gateway> — FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway.
- <port> — the port on the cloud gateway that is used to transfer data to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- [optional] <tag> — tag that will be assigned to the management agent.
- [optional] <thumbprint> — thumbprint of the security certificate that is installed on the Veeam Service Provider Console server.
It is strongly recommended to provide a certificate thumbprint for automated verification of the security certificate. Do not use the --validate_cert command with -f argument.
Management agent will connect to Veeam Service Provider Console server and verify the security certificate.
- If you did not specify a certificate thumbprint, you will be asked to verify the security certificate.
After you verify the certificate, management agent will restart and apply connection settings automatically.
- Wait for the agent to connect to Veeam Service Provider Console.
What You Can Do Next
If a company has more than one location, you must set a location for the management agent.
By default, all new management agents you install belong to the default company location. If the management agent belongs to a non-default location, you must explicitly set this location for the agent.
For details on setting locations, see Setting Locations.