Deploying Mac Management Agents
Agent installation package for computers running macOS operating system contains both Veeam Service Provider Console management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac. Veeam Agent for Mac will be installed automatically after deployment of the management agent.
To install a management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac on a managed computer running macOS operating system:
- Log on to the machine where you want to install the management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac.
- Copy the agent installation package on a machine where you want to install the management agent and Veeam Agent for Mac.
Make sure that you have permission to execute the installation package file.
- Install the package with the following command:
sudo sh <...>/'MacAgentPackages.<company_name>.sh'
sudo bash <...>/'MacAgentPackages.<company_name>.sh'
- <...> — path to the directory where you have saved the installation package.
- <company_name> — name of the company to which the management agent is assigned.
To see all available actions for managing agent, use the following command: veeamconsoleconfig -h.
If you have downloaded the management agent setup file from Veeam Service Provider Console, it will connect to Veeam Service Provider Console automatically. Otherwise, you must configure the management agent manually.
To configure the management agent:
- Use the following command:
sudo veeamconsoleconfig -g add <gateway>:<port> --tag_name <tag> --validate_cert <thumbprint>
sudo veeamconsoleconfig --tag_name <tag>
- <gateway> — FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway.
- <port> — the port on the cloud gateway that is used to transfer data to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- [optional] <tag> — tag that will be assigned to the management agent.
- [optional] <thumbprint> — thumbprint of the security certificate that is installed on the Veeam Service Provider Console server.
It is strongly recommended to provide a certificate thumbprint for automated verification of the security certificate. Do not use the --validate_cert command with -f argument.
Management agent will connect to Veeam Service Provider Console server and verify the security certificate.
- If you did not specify a certificate thumbprint, you will be asked to verify the security certificate.
After you verify the certificate, management agent will restart and apply connection settings automatically.
- Wait for the agent to connect to Veeam Service Provider Console.