You can deploy Veeam backup agents and Veeam Availability Console management agents on client computers manually.
Before you install Veeam backup agents, check the following prerequisites:
- Obtain the management agent setup file.
For more details, see How to Obtain Management Agent Setup File.
- Make sure you have an account with local Administrator permissions on all client computers.
- If you plan to apply a backup policy as part of the installation procedure, create a new backup policy or check and if necessary customize one of the predefined policies.
For more details, see Configuring Backup Policies.
Obtain the following data from the service provider:
- FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway
- Port on the cloud gateway used to transfer backup data to and from cloud repositories
- User credentials for connecting to the service provider (Company Owner credentials)
- Thumbprint of a certificate that is installed on the Veeam Availability Console and Veeam Cloud Connect servers
Installing Veeam Backup Agents
To install Veeam backup agents manually, perform the following steps:
Manually deploy and configure Veeam Availability Console management agents on client computers.
Install Veeam backup agents on client computers.