In Veeam Availability Console, you can initiate update of Veeam backup agents on client computers.
For example, you may need to perform the update procedure if computers in the client infrastructure already have Veeam backup agents installed, but the software version is not supported by Veeam Availability Console. To be able to manage Veeam backup agents in Veeam Availability Console, you must update the software to the supported version.
The update procedure works as follows:
- Veeam Availability Console periodically connects to the Veeam Installation Server (over the Internet), and checks whether a new version of the Veeam backup agent software is available.
- If a new software version is available for managed Veeam backup agents, Veeam Availability Console displays warnings next to these Veeam backup agent saying that the backup agent version is outdated.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Company Owner, Company Administrator.
Checking Whether New Veeam Backup Agent Version is Available
To check whether a newer software version is available for managed Veeam backup agents:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For more details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- In the menu on the left, under Discovery click Managed Computers.
- Open the Backup Agents tab.
- To display all Veeam backup agents that you can update, click Filter, in the Agent version section select Out-of-date, and click Apply.
Otherwise, you can sort Veeam backup agents in the list by values in the Backup Agent Version column. For Veeam backup agents that can be updated, the column displays a warning icon with the Out-of-date value.
Veeam Availability Console offers the following methods for updating Veeam backup agents:
- You can update Veeam backup agents from the Veeam Installation Server
- You can update Veeam backup agents in the offline mode