Creating Protected Microsoft 365 Objects Report
To create a Protected Microsoft 365 Objects report configuration:
- At the Name step of the wizard, specify the report name and description.
The report name and description will be displayed in reports generated based on this report configuration.
- At the Locations step of the wizard, select one or more company locations. Use the search field at the top to find the necessary location.
By choosing a location you can limit the scope of the report: only databases that belong to the chosen locations will appear in the report.
- At the Parameters step of the wizard, specify parameters for analyzing protected Microsoft 365 objects:
- In the Time period section, specify time period to analyze in the report.
- In the SLA field, specify the target SLA value (in percent).
- In the Object types list, select what type of Microsoft 365 objects must be analyzed in the report (Users, Groups, Teams, Sites).
- In the Object exclusions rule field, specify a list of objects that must be excluded from the report.
The mask will be evaluated against the object names. You can use the ‘*’ (asterisk) and ‘?’ (question mark) wildcards in the mask. The ‘*’ (asterisk) character stands for zero or more characters. The ‘?’ (question mark) stands for a single character. For example, if you want to exclude from the report objects with the _support suffix, you can specify a mask with the ‘*_support’ name query.
You can specify more than one mask in the field. Separate multiple masks with commas.
- At the Schedule step of the wizard, specify a schedule according to which the report must be generated:
- In the Scheduling options section, select the Generate this report automatically check box to enable scheduling and define report scheduling:
- To generate the report at specific time daily, on defined week days or with specific periodicity, select the Daily at option. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To generate the report once a month on specific days, select the Monthly at option. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- From the Time zone drop-down list, select the time zone in which daily and monthly schedule must be run.
- In the Notification options section, provide email address at which the report must be sent.
You can specify multiple email addresses separated with commas (,) or semicolons.
To receive the report, the user must configure an email address in the user profile. For details, see Modifying Own User Profile.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the report configuration and click Finish.