In Veeam Availability Console, you can configure Veeam backup agent global settings on one or more managed computers.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Company Owner, Company Administrator.
How to Configure Veeam Backup Agent Global Settings
To configure Veeam backup agent global settings:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For more details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- In the menu on the left, under Management click Backup Jobs.
- Open the Backup Agents tab.
- Select one or more Veeam backup agent jobs in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, specify the required global settings:
- Disable scheduled backups — select this option if you do not want to run automatic backups for some period of time. For example, you may want to put backup activities on hold if you plan to perform resource consuming operations on the endpoint at the time when the backup job is scheduled. For more details, see Disabling and Enabling Scheduled Backups.
- Disable Control Panel notifications — select this option if you want to disable Veeam backup agent warning and information messages on the notification bar in the Control Panel. For more details, see Disabling Control Panel Notifications.
- Disable backup over metered connection — select this option if you want to disable backup over metered Internet connection to avoid extra costs. Veeam backup agents can automatically detect metered connections. If this option is enabled, Veeam backup agents will not perform backup when the endpoint is on such connection. For more details, see Disabling Backup over Metered Connections.
- Throttle backup activity when system is busy — select this option if during backup Veeam backup agents must set low priority for its components engaged in the backup process. For more details, see Throttling Backup Activities.
- Click Apply.
After you save changes, the specified global settings will be propagated to selected Veeam backup agents.