Step 12. Specify Cloud Backup Settings
The Cloud Repository step of the wizard is available if at the Destination step you have chosen to save backup files on a cloud repository.
- Specify backup retention policy settings:
- [For Workstation operation mode] In the Keep backups for <N> days field, specify the number of days for which you want to store backup files in the target location. By default, Veeam backup agent keeps backup files for 7 days. After this period is over, Veeam backup agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain.
For details, see section Backup Retention Policy in Free and Workstation Editions of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
- [For Server operation mode] In the Retention policy field, specify the number of restore points or the number of days for which you want to keep backups in the target location. By default, Veeam backup agent keeps 7 latest restore points. After this number is exceeded, Veeam backup agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain.
For details, see section Backup Retention Policy in Server Edition of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
- To enable long-term retention policy, select the Keep some periodic full backups for archival purposes check box and click Configure.
In the Configure GFS window, specify how long you want to keep weekly, monthly and yearly full backups.
For details on GFS retention mechanism, see section Long-Term Retention Policy (GFS) of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Click Advanced Settings to specify advanced settings for the backup job.
For details, see Specify Advanced Job Settings.
The cloud repository on which backups will be stored will be selected automatically. If you want to store backups on a specific backup repository, you can choose this repository in backup job settings for specific computers. For details, see Configuring Backup Job Settings for Individual Computers.