Installing Plug-in for SAP HANA
Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA is an additional component of Veeam Backup & Replication, and the installation package of the plug-in is included in the Veeam Backup & Replication installation ISO file.
To install Veeam Plug-in, do the following:
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation ISO file.
If you deploy Veeam backup infrastructure for the first time, you can download Veeam Backup & Replication at: https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.
- In the mounted ISO, go to /Plugins/SAP HANA/x64. You can install the plug-in using the RPM package or TAR.GZ bundle. Do one of the following, depending on the type of package suitable for your OS. Note that the install operations in the terminal of the Linux machine require root privileges.
- To install from the RPM package:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPHANA-X.X.X.XXXX.x86_64.rpm file to the SAP HANA server.
- To install Veeam Plug-in, run the following command:
rpm -i VeeamPluginforSAPHANA-X.X.X.XXXX.x86_64.rpm
- To install from the TAR.GZ bundle:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPHANA.tar.gz file to the SAP HANA server.
- Create the /opt/veeam directory.
- Unpack the bundle to the /opt/veeam directory:
tar -xzvf -i VeeamPluginforSAPHANA.tar.gz -C /opt/veeam
If you want to install Veeam Plug-in on an SAP HANA scale-out cluster, repeat the described installation process on all cluster nodes.