Installing Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA
Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA comes with the Veeam Backup & Replication installation package. If you deploy Veeam backup infrastructure for the first time, you can download Veeam Backup & Replication at: https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.
To install Veeam Plug-in, do the following:
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation ISO file.
- In the mounted ISO, go to /Plugins/SAP HANA/x64. You can install the plug-in using the RPM package or TAR.GZ bundle. Do one of the following, depending on the type of package suitable for your OS. Note that the install operations in the terminal of the Linux machine require root privileges.
- To install from the RPM package:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPHANA-X.X.X.XXXX.x86_64.rpm file to the SAP HANA server.
- To install Veeam Plug-in, run the following command:
rpm -i VeeamPluginforSAPHANA-X.X.X.XXXX.x86_64.rpm
- To install from the TAR.GZ bundle:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPHANA.tar.gz file to the SAP HANA server.
- Create the /opt/veeam folder, unpack the bundle to the specified directory:
tar -xzvf -i VeeamPluginforSAPHANA.tar.gz -C /opt/veeam
If you want to install Veeam Plug-in on an SAP HANA scale-out cluster, repeat the described installation process on all cluster nodes.