Upgrading Veeam Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Periodically, Veeam releases a new version of Veeam Backup & Replication that contains new features and bug fixes. The release package also contains a new version of Veeam Plug-ins.
If you want to upgrade Veeam Plug-in, note that Veeam Backup & Replication must be the same or later that the version of Veeam Plug-in. If you want to use the latest functionality, you must upgrade both Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Plug-in to the latest version. After the upgrade, you don't need to re-run the Veeam Plug-in configuration wizard, the plug-in configuration files will be preserved.
Before you upgrade Veeam Plug-in, check System Requirements. Make sure Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio requirements are met.
For instructions on how to upgrade Veeam Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server, see:
To upgrade Veeam Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server, do the following:
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation disk (VeeamBackup&Replication_126.96.36.1991.iso).
- In the installation disk folder, navigate to the Plugins\Microsoft SQL\x64\ folder.
- To launch the installation wizard, run the VeeamPluginforMSSQL.exe file.
- At the welcome screen of the installation wizard, click Next.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, follow the links to view license agreements and click I Accept.
- At the Upgrade step of the wizard, review Veeam Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server components to be upgraded and click Next.
- Wait for the upgrade process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.
You can upgrade Veeam Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server to a later version in the unattended mode using the same command that is used for unattended installation. For details, see Installing Veeam Plug-in in Unattended Mode.