To start using the Veeam Plug-in management functionality in Veeam Backup & Replication, you must perform the following operations:
- Deploy Veeam Backup & Replication.
To learn more, see the Deployment section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Configure security settings.
By default, Veeam Backup & Replication offers the following settings to establish a secure connection between the backup server and protected computers:
- To establish a secure connection between parties, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the default self-signed certificate.
- Veeam Backup & Replication allows all new Linux hosts to establish a connection to the backup server.
You can use the default security settings or change them if needed. To learn more, see Configuring Security Settings.
- Add computers with databases that you want to protect to the Veeam Backup & Replication inventory.
In Veeam Backup & Replication, computers with databases that you want to protect are organized into protection groups. You can use the Veeam Backup & Replication console to create one or more protection groups that include individual computers, Microsoft Active Directory objects, or list of computers imported from a CSV file. To learn more, see Creating Protection Groups.
- Discover computers and deploy Veeam Plug-ins.
During protection group configuration, you can set Veeam Backup & Replication to automatically discover computers and install Veeam Plug-ins on discovered computers. In this case, these operations are performed immediately after you create a protection group. To learn more, see Discovery and Deployment Options.
You can also run discovery and deployment operations manually for an individual computer in a protection group. To learn more, see Rescanning Protected Computer.
- Configure an application backup policy.
You can configure one or more application backup policies and add to these policies one or more protection groups, Active Directory objects and/or individual computers. In Veeam Backup & Replication, you can configure application backup policies for the following Veeam Plug-ins:
- Manage application backup policies.
You can start, stop, enable and disable application backup policies to administer data protection operations on protected computers. To learn more, see Managing Application Backup Policy.
- In case of a disaster, you can use created application backups to restore database data.
To learn more, see Managing Application Backups.