Restore to Another Server Using Recovery Token
You can restore a database to another server using a recovery token generated in Veeam Backup & Replication and provided to you by a backup administrator.
To restore database, do the following steps:
- Start the restore operation with the following command:
- Veeam Plug-in will prompt you to select an authentication method to access the backup. To access the backup using a recovery token, type 3:
Select authentication type or disable the functionality:
- Veeam Plug-in will display the fingerprint of the Veeam Backup & Replication server and prompt you to provide a recovery token:
Veeam Backup & Replication server fingerprint: CA4F820F164C02A9AAC75562FC35330A93CDAA3C.
- Veeam Plug-in will display backups for which the recovery token was generated. Select the necessary backup:
Select backup to be used:
- Depending on the name of the target instance, perform one of the following operations:
- If you restore to to another instance with the same name as the backed-up instance, continue the restore operation in the same way you restore to the original server. For details, see Restore to Original Server.
- If you plan to restore to another instance with a name that is different from the backed-up instance, see Restore to Server with Different Name.