Access and Encryption Settings on Repositories
When you configure Veeam Plug-in, you specify an account that must be used to connect to the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
Before granting access permissions, consider the following:
- Consider supported types of backup repositories and limitations for Veeam Plug-in backups in Veeam Backup Repositories.
- To store backups in a backup repository, the specified account must have access permissions on the target backup repository.
To grant access permissions, do the following:
- In Veeam Backup & Replication, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click the Backup Repositories node or the Scale-out Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the necessary backup repository and click Set Access Permissions on the ribbon or right-click the backup repository and select Access permissions.
- In the Access Permissions window, on the Standalone applications tab specify to whom you want to grant access permissions on this backup repository:
- Allow to everyone — select this option if you want to grant repository access to any user. This option is equal to granting access rights to the Everyone group in Microsoft Windows (anonymous users are excluded). For security reasons, the option is not recommended for production environments.
- Allow to the following accounts or groups only — select this option if you want only specific users to be able to store backups in this repository. Click Add to add the necessary users and groups to the list.
- Veeam Plug-ins cannot send backups or backup copies to a backup repository where encryption is enabled. Thus, make sure that the Encrypt backups stored in this repository check box is not selected.
- Click OK.