If you have lost the Veeam Backup & Replication database or want to import backup files on another Veeam Backup & Replication server, do the following:
- Copy the backup file folder to a backup repository or create add a new backup repository with this folder as a subfolder.
Starting from version 11, each Veeam Plug-in backup file (.vab) has its own metadata file (.vasm). Make sure you import backup files and all related metadata files. Also, you must import the backup job metadata file (.vacm) which is stored in the same folder.
- Log in to the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane of the Backup Infrastructure view, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the required backup repository and click Rescan on the ribbon. Alternatively, you can right-click the backup repository and select Rescan.
- On the SAP HANA server, set the new repository as target in the Veeam Plug-in settings:
sudo SapBackintConfigTool --set-repository
Available backup repositories:
Enter repository number: 1
SID SH2 has been configured
- Start the Veeam Plug-in configuration wizard with the following parameter:
sudo SapBackintConfigTool --map-backup