Importing Backup Files
If the Veeam Backup & Replication server has failed and you have restored it in a new location, you can copy the backup files to a new repository and re-map the Veeam Plug-in backup files.
Limitations and Prerequisites
Consider the following limitations:
- If backup files are not imported according to instructions given in this section, Veeam Plug-in backup and restore operations may fail.
- The repository from which you plan to import backups must be added to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure. Otherwise you will not be able to access backup files.
- [For backups of scale-out clusters and servers with the customServerName option] To avoid mapping failure, the cluster name must be the same as the name used before importing backups.
- Before importing your backup to the scale-out backup repository, consider that the names of all backup files (.VAB, .VASM, .VACM) and paths to these files contain only the following allowed characters:
If your backup was initially created on a standalone backup server, the default name of the backup metadata file (.VACM) contains forbidden characters. Before importing, you must delete forbidden characters from the file name or replace them with the allowed characters.
How to Import Veeam Plug-in Backup Files
To import Veeam Plug-in backup files, do the following:
- Copy the backup file folder to a backup repository or add a new backup repository with this folder as a subfolder.
Each Veeam Plug-in backup file (.vab) has its own metadata file (.vasm). Make sure that you import backup files and all related metadata files. Also, you must import the backup job metadata file (.vacm) which is stored in the same folder.
- Log in to the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane of the Backup Infrastructure view, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the required backup repository and click Rescan on the ribbon. Alternatively, you can right-click the backup repository and select Rescan.
During the rescan operation, Veeam Backup & Replication gathers information about backups that are currently available in the backup repository and updates the list of backups in the configuration database. After the rescan operation, backups that were not in this configuration database will be shown on the Home view in the Backups > Disk (Imported) node.
- On the SAP HANA server, set the new repository as a target in the Veeam Plug-in settings:
sudo SapBackintConfigTool --set-repositories
Available backup repositories:
SID SH2 has been configured
- Start the Veeam Plug-in configuration wizard with the following parameter:
sudo SapBackintConfigTool --map-backup