Upgrading Veeam Plug-in for SAP on Oracle
Periodically, Veeam releases a new version of Veeam Backup & Replication that contains new features and bug fixes. The release package also contains a new version of Veeam Plug-ins.
If you want to upgrade Veeam Plug-in, note that Veeam Backup & Replication must be the same or later that the version of Veeam Plug-in. If you want to use the latest functionality, you must upgrade both Veeam Backup & Replication and to the latest version. After the upgrade, you don't need to to re-run the Veeam Plug-in configuration wizard, the plug-in configuration files will be preserved.
Mind the following:
Before You Begin
Veeam Plug-in installation files are included in the installation disk image of Veeam Backup & Replication. You must upload the installation file to the SAP HANA server. To do this, perform the following steps.
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation disk (VeeamBackup&Replication_22.214.171.1240.iso).
- Open the mounted disk image and go to the Plugins\SAP on Oracle\x64 directory.
- Select the the Veeam Plug-in installation file and upload it to the SAP HANA server.
For instructions on how to upgrade Veeam Plug-in for SAP on Oracle, see the following guides:
Upgrading Plug-in on Linux (.RPM)
To upgrade Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA from the .RPM package, perform the following:
- Upload the new VeeamPluginforSAPOracle-126.96.36.1990-1.x86_64.rpm package to the SAP HANA server.
- Run the following command. Note that the operation requires root privileges.
rpm -U VeeamPluginforSAPOracle-188.8.131.520-1.x86_64.rpm
To find out which version of Veeam Plug-in is installed on your server, you can use the following command: rpm -qa | grep VeeamPlugin*
Upgrading Plug-in on Linux (.TAR.GZ)
To upgrade Veeam Plug-in for SAP on Oracle on a Linux machine from the .TAR.GZ archive, do the following:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPOracle.tar.gz file to the Oracle Database server.
- In the terminal, open the folder that contains the VeeamPluginforSAPOracle.TAR.GZ archive.
- Unpack the plug-in files from the archive to the /opt/veeam directory. Old Veeam Plug-in files will be replaced by new files.
tar -xzvf VeeamPluginforSAPOracle.tar.gz -C /opt/veeam