Creating Recovery Token
If you want to recover database from a specific backup, you can use the Create recovery token operation.
You can create a recovery token on the Veeam Backup & Replication side. Then, on the computer side, with this recovery token get access to the backup and recover the database that is stored in the backup. To learn more about operations on the computer side, see one of the following sections depending on Veeam Plug-in you work with:
Before creating a recovery token, consider the following prerequisites and limitations:
- Recovery tokens stay valid for 24 hours.
- You can recover data only from the backup for that the recovery token is generated.
- Parallel restore from several backups is supported only by Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN.
- During recovery, Veeam Backup & Replication does not stop backup operations.
- You cannot create a recovery token for a whole backup copy job, but you can create a recovery token for individual objects included in a backup copy job.
To create a recovery token on the Veeam Backup & Replication side:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, click Backups.
- In the working area, right-click the backup and select Create recovery token.
You can create a recovery token for several backups. To do this, press and hold [CTRL], select multiple backups, right-click one of the selected backups and select Create recovery token.
- In the Create Recovery Token window, click Create.
Alternatively, you can create and modify the existing recovery token using the PowerShell console. To learn more, see the Working with Tokens section in Veeam PowerShell Reference.