Before you start using Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA, consider the following requirements.
Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA is supported for the following OSes.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12, 12 SP1/SP2/SP3/SP4 (x86_64)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15, 15 SP1/SP2 (x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 8 (x86_64)
Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA supports the following versions of SAP HANA:
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 02/SPS 03/SPS 04/SPS 05 (only with Backint version 1.0). Express Edition is not supported.
- Experimental support of SAP HANA 1.0 SPS12. For details, see this Veeam KB article.
Veeam Backup & Replication
Version of Veeam Backup & Replication must be the same or newer that the version of Veeam Plug-in. That means:
- Veeam Plug-ins 10 is compatible only with Veeam Backup & Replication version 10.
- Veeam Plug-ins 9.5 Update 4 is compatible with Veeam Backup & Replication version 9.5 Update 4, 9.5 Update 4a, and 9.5 Update 4b, 10.
Note that if you want to use the latest functionality, you must update both Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Plug-in to the latest version.