Restore to Another Server Using Credentials
To restore a database to another server, you can specify credentials of a user account under which the backup was created.
To restore database, do the following steps:
- Start the restore operation with the following command:
- Veeam Plug-in will prompt you to select an authentication method to access the backup. To access the backup using credentials of the account under which the backup was created, type 2:
Select authentication type or disable the functionality:
- Veeam Plug-in will prompt you to provide credentials of the user account that under which the backup was created. Enter a user name and password of the account:
- Depending on the name of the target instane, perform one of the following operations:
- If you restore to to another instance with the same name as the backed-up instance, continue the restore operation in the same way you restore to the original server. For details, see Restore to Original Server.
- If you plan to restore to another instance with a name that is different from the backed-up instance, see Restore to Server with Different Name.