Installing Veeam Plug-in for SAP on Oracle
Veeam Plug-in for SAP on Oracle is an additional component of Veeam Backup & Replication, and the installation package of the plug-in is included in the Veeam Backup & Replication installation ISO file. You must install the plug-in on the SAP server.
To install Veeam Plug-in, do the following:
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation ISO file.
If you deploy Veeam backup infrastructure for the first time, you can download Veeam Backup & Replication at: https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.
- In the mounted ISO, go to /Plugins/SAP on Oracle/x64. You can install the plug-in using the RPM package. Note that the install operations in the terminal of the Linux machine require root privileges.
- You can install the plug-in using the RPM package or .TAR.GZ bundle. Do one of the following, depending on the type of package suitable for your OS. Note that operations in the terminal of the Linux machine require root privileges.
- To install from the RPM package:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPOracle-XX.X.X.XXX.x86_64.rpm file to the SAP server.
- Run the following command to install the plug-in:
rpm -i VeeamPluginforSAPOracle-XX.X.X.XXX.x86_64.rpm
- To install from the TAR.GZ bundle:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforSAPOracle.tar.gz file to the SAP server.
- Create the /opt/veeam directory.
- Unpack the bundle to the /opt/veeam directory:
tar -xzvf -i VeeamPluginforSAPOracle.tar.gz -C /opt/veeam