Restore Databases (SAP HANA Studio)
You can restore SAP HANA databases from the Veeam Plug-in backups using SAP HANA Studio.
The example below is provided for demonstration purposes only. For details on the full restore functionality of SAP HANA tools, see the Recover a Database from a Data Backup section of the SAP HANA Administration Guide.
To perform a Backint recovery from Veeam Plug-in backups, do the following:
- Log in to SYSTEMDB as a user with DATABASE ADMIN privileges.
- Right-click the SYSTEMDB database.
- Click Backup and Recovery and select Recover System Database or Recover Tenant Database.
- Enter the operating system user credentials.
- Recovery process requires the database to be shut down. In the pop-up window, click OK to confirm the database shutdown.
- At the Specify Recovery Type step of the recovery wizard, select the required restore point or the option to restore the database to the most recent state.
- At the Locate Backup Catalog step of the wizard, select one of the following options, depending on where your backup catalogs reside:
- Search for the backup catalog in the file system only
- Search for the backup catalog in Backint only
- Select the required backup to restore.
- At the Locate Log Backups step, click Next.
- At the Other Settings step:
- Switch on the availability check for the Backint backups.
- If you are recovering the database to a database with a new SID or landscape ID, select the Install New License Key check box and specify the path to the license file.
- Click Next.
- At the Review Recovery Settings step, click Finish.