Limitations and Considerations
Before you start using Veeam Plug-in for SAP on Oracle, mind the following:
- You can make incremental backups only with the rman_util parameter. For details, see the RMAN Backup Strategies section of the SAP Database Guide: Oracle. For instructions on how to perform an incremental backup, see Incremental Backup.
- ASM is supported only with the rman_util parameter. If you want to back up ASM instances, see SAP on Oracle Backup Using RMAN_UTIL.
- You cannot back up Oracle RAC databases using the BRBACKUP tool.
- Volume backup (-d util_vol, util_vol_online) is not supported.
- Backup of directories is not supported.