To configure Veeam Plug-in for IBM Db2, you can use DB2ConfigTool. The tool configures IBM Db2 settings and saves the settings to a configuration file. The file is located in the /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforDB2 directory on the machine where Veeam Plug-in is installed.
To configure Veeam Plug-in, do the following on the machine with IBM Db2:
- Log into the machine with a user with root or instance owner privileges.
- To launch the Veeam Plug-in configuration tool, run the following command:
You do not need root privileges to launch the Veeam Plug-in configuration tool if you have configured group access as described in the Permissions section.
If you have extracted files form the .TAR.GZ archive, go to the /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforDB2 folder and run the following command:
- Specify the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address of your Veeam Backup & Replication server.
Enter backup server name or IP address: serv02.tech.local
- Specify the port which will be used to communicate with the backup server. Default port: 10006.
Enter backup server port number : 10006
- Specify credentials to authenticate against the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
Enter username: serv02\administrator
Enter password for serv02\administrator: XXXXXXXXX
Consider the following:
To learn how to assign Veeam Backup & Replication roles, see the Users and Roles section of the Veeam Backup & Replication Guide.
- Select the backup repository where you want to store backups. In the terminal dialog, enter the number of the repository from the list of available repositories.
Available backup repositories:
1. Default Backup Repository
Otherwise, the repositories will not be listed as available. To learn how to configure access and encryption settings on repositories, see Access and Encryption Settings on Repositories.
- Confirm if you want Veeam Plug-in to use built-in compression functionality of Veeam Backup & Replication.
Do you want to use Veeam compression? (Y/n): Y
- Confirm if you want Veeam Plug-in to switch the database to archive logging with the logarchmeth1 configuration parameter.
If you confirm, Veeam Plug-in backs up archive logs as specified with the logarchmeth1 parameter. For details, see this IBM article. Keep in mind that you must set Veeam Plug-in to use the logarchmeth1 parameter to back up IBM Db2 databases online. Otherwise, you can back up databases only offline.
Do you want to apply logarchmeth1 configuration parameter? (Y/n): Y
- Apply the Veeam Plug-in configuration. In the terminal dialog, enter 1.
Alternatively, you can export configurations of Veeam Plug-in and IBM Db2 as an .XML and an .TXT files. Later, you can use these files for the manual Veeam Plug-in and IBM Db2 configuration.
Enter path to Veeam configuration XML file /tmp/veeam_config.xml: /home/configurations/veeam_config.xml
If you confirmed to use the logarchmeth1 parameter and the Veeam Plug-in configuration is completed successfully, the database switches to the BACKUP PENDING state. Thus, before you can activate the database, you need to perform a full offline backup. To learn more, see Performing Full Backup.
To learn more about DB2ConfigTool and configuration file: