If you have lost the Veeam Backup & Replication database or want to import backup files on another Veeam Backup & Replication server, do the following:
- Move the folder with the backup file to the required backup repository or create a new backup repository with this folder as a subfolder.
Starting from version 11, each Veeam Plug-in backup file (.vab) has its own metadata file (.vasm). Make sure you import backup files and all related metadata files. Also, you must import the backup job metadata file (.vacm) which is stored in the same folder.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the required backup repository and click Rescan on the ribbon. Alternatively, you can right-click the backup repository and select Rescan.
- On the Oracle server, start the Veeam Plug-in configuration wizard with the --map-backup parameter:
- For Windows:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN\OracleRMANConfigTool" --map-backup
- For Linux and Unix:
If backup files are not imported according to instructions given above, the backup and restore processes can fail.