To specify notification settings for the backup policy:
- At the Storage step of the wizard, click Advanced.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Select the Send SNMP notifications for this job check box if you want to receive SNMP traps when the policy completes successfully.
SNMP traps will be sent if you specify global SNMP settings in Veeam Backup & Replication and configure software on recipient's machine to receive SNMP traps. For more information, see the Specifying SNMP Settings section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Select the Send email notifications to the following recipients check box if you want to receive notifications about the policy completion status by email. In the field below, specify a recipient’s email address. You can enter several addresses separated by a semicolon.
Email notifications will be sent if you configure global email notification settings in Veeam Backup & Replication. For more information, see the Configuring Global Email Notification Settings section in Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- You can choose to use global notification settings or specify custom notification settings.
To receive a typical notification for the protection group, select Use global notification settings. In this case, Veeam Backup & Replication will apply to the protection group global email notification settings specified for the backup server.
To configure a custom notification for the protection group, select Use custom notification settings specified below. You can specify the following notification settings:
- In the Subject field, specify a notification subject. You can use the following variables in the subject:
- %JobResult% — rescan job result.
- %PGName% — protection group name.
- %FoundCount% — number of new computers discovered within the last 24-hour period.
- %TotalCount% — total number of computers in the protection group.
- %SeenCount% — number of computers in the protection group that were online for the last 24 hours. A computer is considered to be online if Veeam Backup & Replication successfully connected to this computer during the last rescan session.
- You can select one of the following notification triggers for the protection group rescan job:
- Notify on success — when the job completes successfully.
- Notify on warning — when the job completes with a warning.
- Notify on error — when the job fails.